Let Your Words Flow

Let Your Words Flow
Let Your Words Flow

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Writing Place


In the morning I write at the kitchen table. Usually, my little dog is on my lap. At 6 a.m. I have quiet time. In the evening, I usually write while sitting on the bed with the TV on. When my wife is ready to go to sleep, I sometimes go into another room, or just read. Quiet time again.

My day job includes chainsaw carving. The chainsaw is loud, so I wear noise cancelling headphones and listen to audio books on my mp3 player. Other carvers I have talked to have said that they would not be able to considerate on carving while listening to a book. I have done it so much, it is no problem for me. I think that this is one thing that has helped me be able to write with a TV on, or other noisy places.

When you write, do you have to have a quiet place? Do you listen to music? If so, what kind?

No comments:

Post a Comment